Hello everyone,I work in the BI department and manage all the issues in Jira. All requests to our department come from ServiceNow (ticketing). I just need a task creation in Jira, whenever someone creates a ticket in servicenow.
Hi @BenWade
There are also integrations from SN to Jira in the SN store.
SN has there own developed spokes
https://store.servicenow.com/sn_appstore_store.do#!/store/search?listingtype=allintegrations%253Bancillary_app%253Bcertified_apps%253Bcontent%253Bindustry_solution%253Boem%253Butility%253Btemplate%253Bgenerative_ai&q=jira
One of them could be helpful you.
Hi @BenWade ,
I see some plugins which integrate jira & servicenow: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=servicenow
You can try to use them then make your decision.
Hope this helps!
I have to integrate only this part:
I do not think that management will accept it due to security reasons
Thanks for posting your question. This is Dhiren from Team Exalate.
As both of these systems offer REST API endpoints, it should be possible to create an inhouse integration solution for this. Although this would require a lot of implementation, resources and maintenance effort from your side.
You can refer the below links which might help you in building a ServiceNow <-> Jira Integration
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv_oHjywUxg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGOW93xCSOs
The easy way around here could as mentioned by @thuanddk56cc is to use integration solutions and one of them is Exalate.
It works on a decentralized architecture and security was one of the most important thing that was kept in mind while building the tool.
Do let me know if you have any more questions or concerns.
Thanks, Dhiren
The thing is I do not need the entire agile pm integration(epics, stories, tasks, etc) I just need a task creation, whenever someone creates ticket in servicenow:
Now we are talking. Thank you, Marc. I checked its documentation. This is exactly what I needed
Exalate supports all tables in ServiceNow and so if anyone creates a ticket in ServiceNow then that can be synced to a task in Jira with all the fields information (system fields + custom fields as well) and it's easy to do that.
The scripting interface that Exalate offers gives you a lot of Flexibility and Customization;
Feel free to book a demo if you want to know more about the tool.
Thanks, Dhiren (Exalate Team)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.