Hello,
I am an engineer developing code to deploy applications out to global workstations. Instead of creating the individual stories for my sub-tasks I end up just creating one story that may or may not be completed in this sprint cycle and just add comments to it. I would like to be more efficient and professional in this approach. What I am asking help to create would allow me (and others) to efficiently create Epics when needed and for reoccurring work that still needs to be in Jira.
Here is what I would like to do:
- Create new Epic
- Select "Application Packaging" "Template"
- Using my Epic "Template", Jira automatically creates multiple stories and links them to this new Epic
- Research - "Application Packaging Discovery - XYZ"
- Execute - "Application Packaging Development - XYZ"
- Execute - "Application Packaging Testing - XYZ"
- Planning - "Application Packaging Change Control - XYZ"
- Execute - "Application Packaging Pilot Deployment - XYZ"
- Execute - "Application Packaging Production Deployment - XYZ"
I tried searching for this in the forum but could not find an answer. If someone could tell me how this works or point me to the documentation for me to learn that would be great.
Thank you!