Hello,
I'm trying to teach my project engineers how to transition tasks across their personal Kanban boards. When I move their issues it drops from their board and gets auto-assigned to me even though I wasn't the original "assignee". I then have to go to my board and re-assign back to them after each scrum session. This is very annoying! How can I move their issues without having it auto-assign to me?
~AW
Hi @Ashley Wehmeyer -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Please check if you have an automation rule which is assigning the issue, based upon who transitioned it on the board. You can confirm this by looking at the issue history or at the automation audit log.
To stop this behavior, try disabling the rule.
However...it is likely this rule was created for a purpose. Please check with the rule author to understand that reason and the impact of disabling the rule.
Kind regards,Bill
Where can I find the automation rule as well as the automation audit log?
You can find these if you are a project admin:
If you look in the log, you may find recently executed rules to check.
It looks like I may not be a project admin because I'm not seeing the lightning bolt icon you're referencing. It's weird because when I clock on the gear icon it says "Jira Administration" with "Projects" as an option. When I clicked on "Projects" it showed me all the projects I'm on but that I'm not "Project Lead". Maybe that's why? In any case, it doesn't look like I may have the power to change the auto-reassign feature. :-(
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.