I located the JIRA Knowledge Base article on how to retain the comments from a parent ticket when it is Cloned in the hopes that this would actually copy each comment over as a separate comment.
"How to copy comments from the original issue to the cloned issue"
Since it was last updated June 28, 2023, I think it's current, however when I run the Automation as the instructions state I receive the following error:
"Advanced branching
The provided smart value was unable to be resolved to an object"
Per the instructions my Advanced branching has:
{{lookupIssues.first.comments}} and I also used the suggested Variable Comm
The step below the Advanced branching is:
Add a Comment:
Comment by<span>:</span> <span>{</span><span>{</span>Comm<span>.</span>author<span>.</span>displayName<span>}</span><span>}</span> at<span>:</span> <span>{</span><span>{</span>Comm<span>.</span>created<span>}</span><span>}</span>
<span>{</span><span>{</span>Comm<span>.</span>body<span>}</span><span>}</span>
Am I missing something, or has something changed in the last few weeks? I cannot find any reference to the .first.comments option under the lookupIssues help so I don't even know if this is just going to replicate the addition of one new comment to the Clone that contains the information of all the comments on the parent ticket that I do have working with a simpler Automation, or pull each one separately as I'm hoping.