Hello dear Community,
I need your helps
@Olha Ostrivna,
Can you please explain a bit what you mean? It sounds like you are saying the default value for a field isn't showing on a transition screen?
That indeed sounds strange if there is a value in the field, but it is possible that someone removed the default value after the issue was created.
Yes, default value for a field isn't showing on a transition screen, but when I put that field on screen for creating issue the value in the field appearing and I do not know why.
Is this an already existing ticket? Setting a default value will not apply the value to existing tickets.
Field I add to existing screen in both cases.
This indeed looks like a bug, as I'm experiencing the same issue when creating a custom field for the resolution screen and I want to set a default value for this custom field.
Reproduction path:
I have created a custom field with radio buttons Yes / No, the default value is always set to None.
After creation you can set the default value, so I go into the settings of the custom field and change the default value to Yes.
Problem:
The issue is that the default value will still be 'none', so the default value change didn't work AND you have a value that you don't want.
Or did I miss something?..
This is golden line by @Kian Stack Mumo Systems
"Setting a default value will not apply the value to existing tickets."
IOW, when I perform a transition for an existing ticket, the custom field (with correct project context) shows up on a screen but it's default value does not.
This behavior may be debatable but it is what it is!
Thank you.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.