If I go to a particular board's settings, then Add Column button, it adds the column and annotates it with "This column will not show on the board without a status" but does not provide any edit to give it a status and there is not button to "Add Status". Also this board's settings simplify workflow button is disabled and a comment indicates "Simplify the workflow for project CTM Portal to make it managed by Jira Software. This will allow Project Administrators to add and remove statuses below. Learn more about Software Simplified Workflow Contact an administrator to perform this action.".
On a different board I have access to, there are both add column buttons AND add status buttons and there is no simplify workflow button disabled or not. There is a comment - "Simplified Workflow - Using Simplified Workflow. The workflow for project iApprove is currently managed by Jira Software. Project Administrators can add and remove statuses below.".
I have contacted my administrator but they say that both boards are set up identically and I have been given the highest possible and identical access on both boards.
I would really appreciate some detailed steps on how I can get access to create a new status and attach it to a column on the first board.
Many thanks