I'm trying to create an issue and sending the following JSON
{ "fields": { "project": { "key": "Key1" }, "summary": "Test summary", "description": "Hello, this is DEC field", "issuetype": { "name": "Bug" }, "customfield_10002": { "name": "Support" } }}
{ "errorMessages": [], "errors": { "customfield_10002": "Field 'customfield_10002' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown." }}
First of all, is it possible to update the fields like Epic Link along with creating an issue? If yes, then what's wrong with the above request JSON?
@Venkat Mavillapalli,
Based on what you are showing, there are two issues I see:
1. I didn't get how you suggest me to pass the data? Can you use my JSON as example and tell me please?
2. I could create an issue manually via web page and it does show me the Epic Link to select from the drop down on the same page
{ "fields": { "project": { "key": "Key1" }, "summary": "Test summary", "description": "Hello, this is DEC field", "issuetype": { "name": "Bug" }, "customfield_10002": "<EPIC ISSUE KEY HERE>" }}
If you can create an Issue with the Epic link, then your ID of customfield_10002 must be wrong. How did you get the ID?
Thanks, Kian
You're right, the field ID was wrong. Now, I'm using the following URL to get the right ID.
Also, I should send the ID for the epic link.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction
https://abc.atlassian.net/rest/api/latest/field
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.