Very recently (last week), we noticed that we are not able to add an "Epic link" to an Epic that has been approved. Is anyone aware of any change that has happened in the Jira level?
@Binoj Ammeripadath,
Epic links should not use the field "Epic Link". Epic Link is a field that stories, tasks, ect use to become linked to the Epics themselves. Can I ask what you are trying to accomplish? Thanks,
Kian
On the User Story form, I am trying to update the Epic Link field, by specifying the Epic Issue ID. When I use an Epic Issue ID that has an "Approved" status, I get an error that the operation is not allowed. No such error for Epics that are not in Approved status.
For additional details, we have integrated the Vera workflow to Approve the Epics, User Stories etc., so that they become a System of Record. Once approved, we cannot edit these Issues.
This is done to establish Traceability Epic -> User Story -> Test -> Test Execution -> Defects
And I started facing this error only recently.
@Binoj Ammeripadath, If you cannot edit the Epic once it is approved, how are you intending to update the Children of the Epic? It seems to me that could cause an issue.
Thanks, Kian
@Kian Stack Mumo Systems That's the conundrum we are facing. We were able to do this until a few weeks back. Hence trying to understand if Jira rolled out any change that could have caused this to break. Linked Issues doesn't have such a problem. I can link to an Approved Epic.
Thanks,
Binoj
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.