We have just added Atlas to our instance and can now sync the manager of a user from Azure AD to the Atlassian User profile. That works like a charm.
Now I am trying to set up an Automation with which I can fill an issue field with the manager of the user that has created the ticket. That generally shouldn't be a problem, but what I am missing is the smart value to do so. Through the documentation I have tried to guess the smart value, but to no avail. It doesn't include the one I need to access this property
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-users/
Can anyone help?
Hi @Philipp Sander
To learn if a field is supported by automation rules, and learn its smart value, please use the how-to article below. Essentially you identify an example issue with your field, call a REST API function to list the fields, and search for your field on the page. If you find it, it is supported.
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/find-the-smart-value-for-a-field/
I suspect this type of field is not supported out-of-the-box as it may be dynamically returned. A possible work-around for that is to check if there is a REST API function which can return the field, and then call that from the rule with a web request.
Kind regards,Bill
Hi @Bill Sheboy
thanks for your answer. Since it is not an issue field, but a user property, the documentation on how to find the smart value for an issue field doesn't help in this case.
But I will give your suggestion with the REST API function a shot and see what I can find out.
Kind regards,Philipp
Hey,Did you manage to find the smart value for user's manager and make it work with Jira Automation?
Hi @Yordan Dichev
no, unfortunately not and it's quite frustrating because it would be really really useful and save me a lot of time!
Also I'm not able to try Bills suggestion with the REST API function. Mainly because of my incompetence in that area and also because I don't have the time
Hello @Philipp Sander
Can you please link the atlas you are refering to , I am looking to sync the manager also from our Azure AD to jira user profile
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.