Hi there!
We've recently migrated from an on-premise JIRA server to the Cloud, and with the use of automations, it's really changed the way we do things, however, it doesn't come without a very steep learning curve.
I would like to set up a rule using JIRA Automation to transition a parent issue (of a specific issue type), when an issue is linked to the parent issue.
My requirements are:
- The parent issue needs to transition to one of 3 statuses, depending on the parent status at the time of issue linking (i.e if the parent status is "to-do" at the time of issue linking, the parent issue needs to transition to "in progress", etc.)
- The rule should only run on this one specific issue type
- The linked issue needs to remain unchanged (no change required on status, etc.)
- (a nice to have) A notification to be sent (email or Slack) if the parent status has not been updated for 24 hours.
I've been trying to set this up, but I'm unable to get the parent to transition to the correct status (or at all). I expect that my trigger or conditions are incorrect.
I've started with trigger "when: issue linked", and then a condition to only action this rule on a specific issue type. Initially didn't have the condition in place, but even this did not help.
I then have a branch, so that I can potentially work with the 3 statuses I need the parent issue to transition to, but the rule is never triggered.
I've added a couple of screenshots... one is the current rule set up I have (only using 1 branch/status at them moment. The other is the log results I get, where LONOPS-567784 should be the parent issue and LONOPS-567778 should be the linked issue.
Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

