I have invited a few gests to view one dedicated space on our Confluence, but they are not able to mention (@name) anyone when they post a comment on a page.Is is a setting that need to be enabled somewhere?Or is it impossibe to do for "Guests" profile on Confluence?
@Erwann Peu,
Confluence does not provide access to the people directory for guest users. From the Atlassian documentation:
Confluence blocks guests' access to the people directory, which contains site-wide user information.
Functions that query the people directory of the entire site include:
@ mentions
the Teams tab in the top nav bar
user search
user pickers
These are systemically blocked for all guests.
Thank you @Kian Stack Mumo Systems for this clarification.
Well, what is the workaround or solution here? If I cannot get this feature to work appropriately, I may have to scrap my entire project and use another tool.
"Guests" profile can still add comments on each page they have access to, but they cannot mention ("@[Name]") in comments.However "Users" profile (paid licences) can do it though.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.