I'm trying to link a company-managed service desk project to a backend software (or service desk) project (preferably team-managed).
I ran across this discussion: Connecting a Service Desk to a Classic Software JIRA project
but it doesn't address a significant need we have - collecting data that would be mapped to the backend project for reporting.
Our use case:
We have a department, currently hosting a service desk, that wants significant custom field additions and complex workflows. My thought was to setup the backend project as team-managed so that there are few to no global system changes required. The SD agent would maintain all communications with the requester via the original ticket, but all the work would be managed in the backend.
We would collect all the necessary information up front through the use of a form. The problem is that only the standard fields in the front end project can be mapped (to my knowledge). The custom fields that only exist in the backend would not be visible to map.
Is there functionality or an app that I'm missing that could accomplish what I'm trying to do?