I want to add two automations, one to set the date that a ticket arrives in my next column and then once it moves to complete, calculate the time between that set date and now.
I seem to have everything correct based on every post I have looked at but it just does not work.
I created a custom field called DateInNext, I have tried a date picker and a datetime picker. Then using an automation set that to be {{now}} on the transition, this seems to work and the field is populated, then I create another automation on transition to complete and I get nothing.
I am starting with putting it into comments in the automation:
Cycle Time:{{now.diff(issue.customfield_ 12940).businessDays}}
Cycle Time:{{now.diff(issue.created).businessDays}}
I get a number when using the .created field, but. not when I use the custom field.
Yes, I know there are lots of add ins that I can use, but the client I am working with will not spend money - so thought this would work - PLEASE can someone help??