I'm using automation to create a clone in a different project to address the ticket in the originating project. I then want to reflect changes in the clone ticket back to the primary ticket such as comments and status. I've tried using branching but can't get it to work.
Hi @Claire Smith
This is possible as long as the tickets are linked together
I assume they are after they were cloned, using the link type "clones / is cloned by"?
If yes, see some example rules below!
---
Note: If these rules are pertaining to multiple Projects, you will need to use a Global Automation Rule. You can access these via...
Copy Status
This is assuming the statuses are the same between the originating and cloned issues - if not, there's other options (eg. if status A changed, set status .
Copy Comment
As far as I know, you can't "duplicate" a comment between issues - i.e make the same comment from the same author - but you can copy the comment's details.
Let us know if this helps!
Ste
Amazing!! I wasn't using a global rule even though I thought I had!! So I was able to change the scope in the global admin.
Now to create lots more fun automation!!!!!
Awesome, glad it works!
If this answer helped resolve your query, could you accept it? That lets others know it can help them too
Do I need to have separate rules for different triggers? Or can I create a rule that has 'this trigger or this trigger' but they have different actions for each trigger?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.