Hi there,
Just wondering if the colour of issue schedule bars on the timeline view can be automated? Is there a way we can assign a specific colour through an automation rule?
Thanks,
Dominique
Hi @Domi
Yes, that is possible. The field used for this is the epic's "Issue Color", and that can be edited using an advanced edit with JSON, as described here: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/advanced-field-editing-using-json/#Text-custom-field
For example,
{ "fields": { "customfield_10017": "orange" }}
As a tip, to learn how things work behind-the-scenes in Jira and learn if automation can change those things, there is a how-to article to learn any supported smart values for fields, and their syntax: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/find-the-smart-value-for-a-field/
Using this, you can find an example issue with your field, look for the field's smart value, and see the impact when you change it.
Kind regards,Bill
I'm not sure that you can do this via automation but please check any issue with those colours set if value exist in a ticket via rest api. If yes, you will be able to do this via automation.Regards,
Seba
Thank you, Bill. That helps. I've set up this automation rule, but it doesn't currently work. I'm getting this error and can't figure out what it means / how to solve it.
I'm assuming this isn't working because the custom field number is incorrect. Would you know where in the inspect code, I can find this number?
Please try this how-to article when you need to find the smart value or custom field id for a field. Essentially you identify an issue with your field, call a REST API function from a browser, and then search for the field in the results to learn the correct one for your site.
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/find-the-smart-value-for-a-field/
And, would you please post an image of your complete audit log details for the execution? That may provide some context for where that error is occurring. Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.