Hi,
I'm testing out Jira Software for our engineering Scrum and Kanban process. I have used YouTrack previously.
I'm having some issues figuring out the Timeline view and how it relates to "Start date" and "Due date" fields. I want to be able to set schedule for individual issues for both Scrum and Kanban projects.
To begin with, I enabled these settings for test Scrum and Kanban projects:
Scrum: Under "Configure Timeline" I selected "Schedule child issues by dates"
This allows me to visually change the timeline for each task that shows under each epic in an active sprint.
The Epic by default has "Start date" and "Due date" fields, and when I change the length of the timeline visually, those two fields are updated automatically.
For Stories, Tasks and Bugs (as well as Subtasks), when I created a new Scrum project, these types did not get "Start date" and "Due date" fields, so I added them manually.
When I visually change the start and due dates in the Timeline view, it updates and the view remembers it, but the values DO NOT get written into the "Start date" and "Due date" fields I created. I there something I can do to show the Timeline start and due dates inside the details of each task?
Kanban: Under "Configure Timeline" I selected "Child-level issue scheduling"
I then get the same behavior as for Scrum: I can visually change the dates in the Timeline view, but the changes do not show in task details under the "Start date" and "Due date" fields I added.