Hi I'm hoping the collective wisdom of the Atlassian Community can help.
I've inherited a Jira system which has never had any proper management/governance, with a mix of Team-managed and Company-managed project. I'm a Site Admin, so should have all the permissions I need - and we have Jira Premium.
After a bit of digging last week I found we have 65 different issue types (an impressive number if it weren't such bad practice) so as a background task I want to streamline this.
I chose an Issue Type which I knew was 'safe' for me to delete as a trial (to ensure I wouldn't inadvertently break anything).
Per this screenshot the Issue Type (Discovery) is only present in the Default Scheme:

When I go to delete the Issue Type it confirms that there are no Issues with that Type, BUT I then get an error which preventing me from deleting this Issue Type ("Alternative issue type does not exist")

Can anyone please suggest how to find what else in the system is using that Issue Type that's preventing me from deleting it?
Thanks in advance