Hi there,
I want to add a new user and only for this specific project.
When I tried to add this new user, the default access is this user has access to all the projects, I have read this article on how to setup the new user for specific project but I don't understand how the implementation really works.
The article mentioned about setting up the project role, the group user and also modifying the permission to the group/role, this part that I don't understand on how to setup the permission to only see this one project and also only for this group.
So the condition is:
1. My company has this vendor that manage to handle some of our projects.
2. The team of this vendor handle each of our project.
3. The goal that we want is to limiting this each member (developer) of the vendor to only has access to each project, not all the project that the vendor given.
The question is should I create a group for each project and adding the new user to each group for the project or can I create just 1 group for external-jira-software-access and decide who will be have access to each project.
So this is what I have been done this far:
1. I have created this new group as external-jira-software-access
2. Added the new user to that group and removed the user from other default group
3. Create a Project Role that named External team
I don't know the next step that I need to do to achieve the goal, can anyone help me to clarify this confusion that I experiencing right now?
Thank you guys in advance!