@Mark Segall , kindly need your help with my case. I have created an epic with it's child stories in a team managed project. then i moved it to a company one. now I want to clone it back to another team project and I created an automated rule for that. screenshots to follow. however when I open the epic card and go to the automation to run the rule i don't find it at all as if it doesn't exist. can you pls advice?
@Mark Segall screenshots
HI @Mariam Omran
I'll try to assist you with your inquiry. You mentioned that you ran the automation rule and you weren't able to find the epic. Would you be able provide us some screenshot of the audit logs?
Also, if you can change your smart value to {{createdIssue.key}} instead of {{varNewEpic}} that might help.
Let me know how you go.
Cheers,
Francis
Hello @Francis Batilo Thank you for your support.
For some reason this is all I am getting from the audit log !
NO actual log is showing up !
That's a bit peculiar, do you mind running another automation run until it becomes available on your audit log and show us the details of it?
I keep enabling it and disconnecting it and I get the same audit log. maybe that's why it is not showen.. shall I create this automation rule somewhere else other than the Company based project settings?
Hi @Mariam Omran
Thank you for starting the new question and sharing your screenshots. Am I correct that you can actually see the rule in your actions menu and that once you select it, nothing happens?
Please provide this:
If you have a rule set to execute manually and you've selected that rule from your actions, you should at least see something show up in the audit log so this is definitely a peculiar scenario.
I'm Luka from codefortynine and I think our Deep Clone for Jira app can help you clone your issues from company-managed projects to team-managed projects and back from team-managed projects to company-managed projects.
With our Epic/Tree Clone feature, you can easily clone whole issue hierarchies (Initiative ⇒ Epic ⇒ Story/Task ⇒ Subtask) from one project to another.
Navigate to the issue you want to clone
Click Action menu ••• > Deep Clone
Select Epic/Tree Clone
Configure and create your Epic/Tree Clone
Hello @Mark Segall ,
Nope I cannot see the rule in the action menu of the epic at all.. It doesn't come up !
I did choose that the rule to be executed manually but it doesn't show up.. another
so Here is a screenshot of the epic :
the rule shown in this pic is not the one I want to run
The Rule details screenshots:
Am I correct in my understanding that you created this on one project and now want to execute it on another? Under the Rule Details there's an area for Scope which determines what projects this rule will be available to. It is likely that because you created it on the original project, it is only available to that project. You would then have two options:
Thank you Luka,
This is a very helpful tool. but I don't have the capacity to install and pay for it now.
I am looking for the built in Automation in JIRA for now !
Understandable. If you still want to give the app a try, you can test the Deep Clone for 30 days, and the app is free for Jira instances with up to 10 users.
Hello Mark,
I tried this again and still did not work !
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.