Hello everyone,
is it possible, that only administrators can write and manage Epics and how can I set it up?
Thanks in advance and best regards,
Tobias
Hi @Tobias Schlick
you could use combination of Workflow rules and properties.
For creating Epic, you can use rule to the Create transition to validate if the user have specific permission eg. is admin of project.
For editing Epics you will need to use workflow properties, more on that here
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-workflow-properties/So you could use something like this, but you will have to add it to every single status of the workflow.
key: jira.permission.edit.projectrole value: id of Administrator project role (can be found in the URL address when editing project role)Tom
Hello @Tomáš Vlach
thanks a lot for your reply. As I am a Jira beginner I am not familiar with the right / role schemes and I guess I need more help. Is there a step-by-step guide for this use case available?
Best regards, Tobias
I dont think there is step-by-step guide in one thread for exactly this, but I am willing to help you get going are you using Team managed project or company managed?
First of all - create new Workflow only for issue type EPIC. Then edit your workflow, click on the transition (Create) going from the Start to the first status of your WF. Under the Rules click on the plus icon and select "Validate that people have a specific permission" and select Administer project. From now on Jira will validate if user trying to create Epic is Administrator of the project or not, if not, the user wont be able to create Epic.Lets see if you are able to set up this and then we will continue Let me know if you are having any troubles on the way.
Tom
@Tomáš Vlach Thanks a lot. I'm using a team-managed project.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.