I'm trying to just create my own simple custom field and by far the simplest way has been just using the manifest. I don't need any fancy view/edit screens, but I DO want to specify some specific options instead of the user being able to create their own options like how the Labels field works.
I can't see any way to define what options exist in the custom field via the manifest. Do I need to use the REST endpoints instead? I feel like that is overkill but can't really find any docs/examples on doing this (examples for using each field type would be really handy).
It'd be even better if we could also define OptionGroups. Essentially I want to create a CF that is the equivalent of this native element:
<select multiple>
<optgroup label="Operating System">
<option value="0">Windows</option>
<option value="1">Mac</option>
</optgroup>
<optgroup label="Software">
<option value="2">Jira</option>
<option value="3">Confluence</option>
</optgroup>
</select>
Note:
I did explore UI Kit but that (and Custom UI) open the Edit view in a modal and the field width is really narrow (320px I think) with no option to make it wider (we can make the modal wider, but there's some silly div wrapping it with a hard-coded width on it).