I have service desk support ticket set up and the clients fills out the form and then automation clones that ticket and then puts to another project. All that works but I can’t seem to change the status of the new clone ticket after the clone ticket trigger. It changes the status of the original tickets which I don’t want it to. What am I missing?
@Kevin Kashou welcome to the community!
Can you share a screenshot from your automation rule and audit logs?
@Sayed Bares [ServiceRocket] Here is the screenshot of the automation rule and audit logs
Hi @Kevin Kashou -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
After you clone the issue, you need to first Branch to Most Recently Created Issue. Then you can transition that.
And also...Because this will try to edit the issue in the other project, this rule will need to be global scope, and then select both projects.
You appear to be on a Premium license level and so the limits on the number of global rule executions per month may not be a problem with that approach: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/explore-jira-cloud-plans/
Kind regards,Bill
How can I modify the global scope to select both projects? I'm currently limited to selecting just one, even though I have Jira Administrator privileges.
Can you guys possibly help me with configuring how to capture the date that a status changes? I assumed this would be out of box functionality.
Thank you in advance!!
Lauren
Have you checked the audit log it can tell you that a status has changed.
Thank you, @Kevin for your quick reply!!! I was hoping that a status start and end date could be provided on the UI or at a minimal configured on a report.
Do you know if the date of each status change (ex: in progress -> done) is captured in the database?
I don't think so to be honest.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.