I would really appreciate help
My initial reads suggested this was a natural solution to ensure I had something layered above Epics, but the implementation is slowing me down.
Background:
- - On Enterprise Version of Jira
- - Using Kanban, have Timeline
- - Have created issue type "Initiative," added it in Issue Hierarchy above Epic
My Issue:
I want to view Initiatives & their linked Epics on my timeline view and then only Tasks on my Kanban board. As an example, I would have an Initaitive "Build Garage" with Epics "Create Walls" "Create Ceiling" and a bunch of tasks under that. Build Garage should show up at the highest level on my Timeline, with an ability to see the related Epics. Tasks are not visible.
Right now though:
- - Timeline only allows me to see and create epics.
- - I can't find a filter that could be blocking my view of Initiatives.
And going slightly broader, I would like to see Initiatives on my backlog the same way I have Epics setup (i.e. that I don't see them by default, but can select them)