Hi - we would like to track tech debt over several projects. I have created a "tech debt management" company-managed kanban project and added all the project keys of all the company-managed projects involved to the filter query. I created a new "tech debt" issue type.
***We would like to track how often tech debt slows down a project. I was asked it we could simply ask the engineers something like this "did you get unexpectedly slowed down during this project?" If yes, open a "tech debt" issue and link it to the originating issue. My questions:
Workflow/screens:
1.Would asking the "were you slowed down" question be best presented via a custom field in a resolution screen?
2. Would I then need to add this resolution screen to the done/closed transition in all of the workflows for all the issues types in all the participating projects?
3. Is there an easier way to do this ^^^^??
Tech debt issue type:
I also imagine that I must manually add the new "tech debt" issue type to the issue type scheme for each participating project. Since many of the projects have different issue types, I can't apply a new issue type scheme to the existing projects globally given their varied configs.