I've seen a few questions like this, but without as much detail and none have the answer I need.
For emailed requests, we need the reporter’s name (which is the person who sends the email) to get copied into a custom asset user field.
If I set the automation to just add a comment to the ticket, with the reporter’s name, it works, so I know it's pulling the info from the reporter field.
When I add that I want it to copy the name into the custom asset field, I get this error:
“An error occurred while requesting remote information
Bad Request
No fields or field values to edit for issues (could be due to some field values not existing in a given project):”
The field does exist, though, and I can manually update it.
I’ve tried it a couple ways and have gotten the same type of message.
1 – just trying to copy from the reporter field into the asset field, using different smart values. None of them worked.
{{issue.reporter}}
{{issue.reporter.value}}
{{issue.reporter.name}}
{{issue.reporter.displayname}}
2 – Object lookup first and then copy the lookup object.
objectType = "Employees" and "Jira User" = {{issue.reporter.name}}
Edit the field using this smart value - {{lookupObjects.name}}
I also added a comment using that smart value to make sure it worked and the comment did get added correctly. It just won’t edit the field.
Is there a way to get the automation to update it?