Based on our company needs I have customised issuetypes at different levesl to encode structure in our flow, similar to the way epics-stories & tasks work.
I have 3 levels:
- Master Epics level 2 : As the name says it. it is an issueType that holds epic children
- Epic level 1: new customEpic issues at the level of an epic
- rest
I would like that the new custom issues that I added in the layer of the Epic behave as an actual Epic so when I am doing the sprint planning, in the backlog we can see which customEpic issue belongs to a task as shown in the image below.

Unfortunately, today I only can see to which customEpic a task belongs to until I go inside the task and check its parent_link.
Is there a way to tell Jira to use my custom epics for visualisation rather than the actual epics?
Thanks!!