I'm trying to create an automation that will transition all issues in a version upon a manual trigger. For context, my organization will add to the Fix versions field when an issue's changes are merged to the version's branch. When we're preparing to release a version, we first do regression testing. I would like to use what's in the Fix versions field to transition all issues in a version from Status 1 to Status 2.
I've tried the following automation, but it's not working for me. The automation just won't run.
1. Manual trigger with user input - text field "Version Name", variable name is {{testingVersion.Name}}
2. Branch rule - For: JQL ({{userInputs.{{testingVersion.Name}}}} IN {{issue.fixVersions.Name}})
a. Condition - status equals Status 1
b. Transition issue - destination is Status 2
Could anyone please help me to figure out why this is not working? Or perhaps there is a better approach?