Our IT team has setup our Jira Cloud instance so that:
- Groups within JC can't be used except by them. Meaning I can't create my own group of people and reference it in the automation.
- Inbound email to Exchange internally housed group mailers appear to be blocked (this is Internet inbound email to a group mailer)
I have a case open with them for trying to work around those issues, but wondered if the community could advise on this idea.
Some details:
- At the end of each automation I want it to send an email to a group of people, about 4 or 5 individuals. The same individuals across all the rules.
- If in the automation rule, I put those people directly into the To,CC, BCC fields, they will receive them. But that would mean hard coding each of those individuals to every rule.
The idea:
I was wondering if there would be a way of setting up something like a project-wide variable, containing the email addys of the individuals, and then use that variable within the To/CC/BCC field. Or perhaps, if more advanced, a user-array that I could reference. I suspect this ideas unlikely.. but thought I'd ask.
Or if anyone has another idea about how to get email notices to multiple people, without using groups, with messages sent to their own email addresses.
For now, I've no choice but to go through and add each person hardcoded to each rule which is quite annoying.