Hi,
I want to download an attachment from the comments section. Like the attachment we upload on comments section separately.
Right now I'm getting the following response in a comment attachment:
I have tried with the following endpoints already:
1- https://---.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/attachment/content/b1901303-2af2-453b-bf00-f6bd1f6b3fde
2- https://---.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/attachment/b1901303-2af2-453b-bf00-f6bd1f6b3fde
But every time, I'm getting error like
Hi @muhammad ,
There is no direct way to download the attachment (unfortunately).
Found this one post by @Sam Watkins : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Linking-inline-image-to-attachment-using-API/qaq-p/1980564#M555940
Tested it out at my end too, and it works.
Hi @Jehan Bhathena ,
Thanks for responding. I have even tried the URL, https://example.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/attachment/content/<id>
with the Id I'm getting in attrs array, it giving attachment doesn't exists, could you tell further more, If I'm missing something here.
pleaae can you share what ID did you use to fetch the attachment? the ID thats needs here is the actual Attachment ID and not the content ID that you see in the comment.
Eg. https://example.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/attachment/12345 should give you the attachment info.
@Jehan Bhathena I have used this endpoint too, and getting error like
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.