Good day
I am trying to create Jira tickets using JIRA REST API. I would like to assign a user using a username("assignee":{"name":"charlie"}) not the user account ID
("accountId": "5b10ac8d82e05b22cc7d4ef5").
How can i achieve this ?
Which url do we use to achieve this, because I see the link is different when assigning an issue?
check this link and the image on the Assign an issue to a user part
https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/jira-rest-api-examples/
Hi @Magdeline Mabusela
The link you are using for the example is for Jira server.
I think you are on Cloud. within cloud based on Atlassian security policy, you can only use the accountId
Issue creation via Cloud Rest API.
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issues/#api-rest-api-3-issue-posthttps://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issues/#api-rest-api-3-issue-post
For the Jira server how do you assign the ticket to the username?
Which url do you use?
HI @Magdeline Mabusela
See my answer below.
The mention of accountId in your question tells me you are using Cloud or are you on server?
You can't use the API's from server to cloud, cloud only works with accountId
Jira Server (EOL 02/2024) or DC are self hosted solutions.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.