So I have different scenarios here which requires multiple steps approval. I was thinking what is the best way to do it. Right now I hope to stick with everything inside the same workflow, so I am not going to flood with different workflows.
Scenario A:
Request Access -> Approval by Direct Manager (Approver field) -> IT works on it -> etc...
Scenario B:
Request Software -> Approval by Direct Manager (Approver field) -> Approval by Finance (Head of Finance Approver) -> IT works on it -> etc...
Scenario C:
Github Access -> Approval by Direct Manager (Approver field) -> Approval by DevOps (Custom Field 1) -> IT works on it -> etc...
I have created transitions flow goes like this. As there are different "Request Types", should I be using Automation to change the status, or using the condition / validator for it?
If using automation, should the rule be:
When Approval completed, if Request Type = Request Software, Transition -> Waiting for Finance Approval Else if Request type = Github Access, Transition -> Waiting for DevOps Approval?
If using condition, how should I set it up?
Here is the workflow down here:
