Hi there and thanks in advance for reading and responding! Any and all input is welcome!
Our company just started with Jira Cloud. We have an internal Jira service desk project for DevOps Requests, General IT Requests (Issue Type = System Service Request) as well as Security Incidents (Issue Type = System Incident)
I'm on the IT team and, as a technical writer, I need to create a process for internal employees to request documentation (articles and videos). This could be training docs, onboarding docs, knowledgebase docs, technical docs, user videos etc. Note: we do not yet have a Confluence knowledgebase linked to our internal or external service desks, but plan to create those. So....It would be easy enough to add a request type like "Documentation Request", but I don't understand whether it would be more useful to create a new issue type instead. I'd like the requests to be visible to the IT team (and my manager for his initial approval) but for those requests to then populate a kanban style board (possibly Jira Work Management or Trello?) where my teammate and I can assign subject matter experts and track progress and publishing info. So the workflow will be different for these documentation requests (and take much longer probably).
How do you guys handle documentation requests? Any suggestions?
Thanks again,
Tori