I'm experimenting with the new Confluence automation rules, and I'm seeing that evaluation of CQL doesn't appear to work....at all.
I'm doing a simple test. I've also used CQL before without much issue.
-----------
- Creating a new page using the Create-with-template macro
- The Template has one label "test_page", and some nonsense text.
- When a new page is published with that label, in my personal space, I want a slack message with some of the page info, like the URL of the new page. This will be leveraged elsewhere later.
The rule has the trigger of publishing a new page (no additional configuration)
The 2nd block is an IF/Else block, which sends a slack message in both cases.
IF: label = test_page (see screenshot)
-- Action: slack message with {{smart values}}
(note - the validator returns 3 results, but there are actually 8 pages with this label in my space). Screenshot attached.
Else:
-- Action: slack message with {[smart values}} (using real smart values here)
-- Action: slack message "CQL didn't work"
The message payload is the same for the both if/else, and I can see that when "else" is used, the information in the slack message is what I expect. SO the smart values are fine.
I think I've just found a bug in the Confluence automation, but I'd like to be sure before I actually send in a help desk request.
Screenshots from the rule:



