Hi guys, I hope someone can help me.
I need to copy a date stored in an asset object over to a Jira date field.
Using automation, I can look up the date from the object but when I try to copy it over to a Jira date field, I get the error that the format is not correct. The format returned from assets is example; "Fri Oct 24 00:00:00 UTC 2014" this cannot be copied to a Jira date field in this format.
I have tried to use the "create a variable" without success, I have also tried copying the date to a text field, and then copying the value from the text field using the toDate function over to the due date field in Jira as described here, Solved: Pulling Insight date attribute into an issue (atlassian.com)
Nothing seems to work.
Has anyone worked out how to convert an asset date format into a usable date format in a jira date field?