I am trying to follow the following 2 pages:
But my stories are still not being cloned under the Epic. I did find them in the backlog, but did not get a notification email. I then tried to add the {{varEpic}} and the Epic did no clone at all, nor were the stories created. I had more success with Epic Link = TriggeredI am no sure what I am doing wrong. I want to have this rule ONLY clone any issues that were labeled "Repeat" since it only applied to one team, and unfortunately, I cannot select the Team field in the automation (I think this is because the team names are created in Plan? That's another question). I would totally appreciate anyone's help to get this to work. Many thanks! Bella
Hello @Isabella Musial
The two sources you referenced are for Automation in Jira Cloud. The tags on your post indicate you are using Jira Server. The Automation functionality differs between Jira Cloud and Jira Server and Jira Data Center.
If you are indeed using self-hosted Jira, are you using Server or Data Center, and what version is it?
Thank you so much for responding so quickly!
we are on Jira v9.5.0.
We are self hosted on an internal cloud. So I think Server...?
@Trudy P Claspill I am able to clone issues via automation. However, when I clone the Epic and Stories, the stories are not attaching to the new Epic. I have tried the {{var.Epic}} but that does not work. What should I enter so that the clones stories will be children of the cloned Epic they should belong to?
I am trying to follow the instructions on Jira automation template library | Atlassian
I got it to work I believe using {{createdIssues.get(0)}}
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.