Hi all,
I would like to have the flow:
when someone from the support team replies via email on the clients request, the ticket should be set to In Progress. Somehow it does not work. Please help.
Hello @Roman Zolotarevskyi
Does the workflow include a transition directly from the Open status to the In Progress status for the type of issue that CSMT-24 is? Can you show us a copy of the workflow diagram for that issue type in that project?
Hi @Trudy P Claspill Attached below
is it possible somehow to change from 'Work in progress' and make Jira to set to 'In progress'?
Based on you diagram, the name of the status is "Work In Progress", not "In Progress".
In the automation rule step where you are transitioning the issue you need to select "Work In Progress".
It is possible to change the name of a Status however:
1. Every place that status has been used (in other workflows in other projects) the name of the status will also be changed.
2. You can't change the name of a status to a name already used. "In Progress" is the name of one of the Status values loaded into Jira by default, so you probably cannot change "Work In Progress" to "In Progress". You could change the workfow to use the "In Progress" status instead of the "Work In Progress" status.
@Roman Zolotarevskyi
I'm sure I posted a response here after you provided the image of your workflow, but it seems to have disappeared.
Did you get an email about my second response, where I pointed out that the actual status you need to select is "Work In Progress", and where I addressed your question about changing the status name?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.