We use Release Versions to track planned release milestones which may span multiple sprints. I like to display these Versions and filter by them within the Backlog. It also is nice to easily drag and drop stories between Versions when priorities change.
Recently I learned you can control the sort manually within the Release page by putting them in the opposite order you want them displayed in the Backlog list for filtering. This was a big usability discovery for me (despite its very odd inverse design).
However, today I enabled some new UI improvements to Jira and the Versions now appear to be sorted in some totally random (and bad) order. I no longer seem to be able to force the sort order.
Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a new way to force the sort order or is there just a bug I need to wait to be resolved here?