I've created a filter and want a column returned that displays the Day of Week for the Created field.
Story Type - business
Created - 25/Jul/23
Day Of The Week (Created) - Tuesday <------------- This is the column I want
Hi @Michael Bevilacqua
That is not possible with the out-of-the-box JQL features.
What problem are you trying to solve by doing this? Knowing that may help the community to offer suggestions. Thanks!
Kind regards,Bill
Hey Bill,
Thanks for the thought! I'd like a report showing which day of the week and issue was created. Our team thinks we experience production incidents mostly on Fridays, so I wanted to see if that is the case based on the Day of Week of the issue create date.
You'll need a field to refer to in search, and to add as a column. You could though...
See how I'd do it below!
---
Custom Field:
You'll need to a Product Admin, and then...
Note: I'd use a shared field even if this is a Team-managed Project, so the field is consistent across all Projects.
Automation Rule:
A few notes on this approach:
Let us know if this works for you!
Ste
Thanks for that information, Michael. Is this seems information to support a short-term (and not permanent) investigation, perhaps consider using the advanced search to find all issues for a time range, export them to a spreadsheet, and then perform the analysis there.
Hi @Ste Wright
This could also be done using the date/time formatting functions to capture the day of week for the date, without the need for the if/else.
And when a select field was still desired for the day of week field, that could be converted from text to select field, id value with a Lookup Table.
@Bill Sheboy What is the date/time formatting function to capture Day of Week?
How do I reference the variable named TheDayOfWeek in the automation rule?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.