I am unable to find Epic Status field for jira automation
I want to sync the Status (of the issue type = Epic with the 'Epic Status' custom field)
Refer to screen shot below
H @ANISH TANEJA ~ this works for me:
Hi @ANISH TANEJA
Adding to Laurie's answer:
Some of the issue fields are not shown in the drop-down lists for rule actions. Instead they must be accessed by their smart values, and updated with JSON for edits.
And...smart values are name, spacing, and case-sensitive. To learn if a field is supported by rules, and what its smart value is, please try this how-to article: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/find-the-smart-value-for-a-field/
Kind regards,Bill
Thank you Laurie and Bill. This worked! Is there an advanced course on Jira smart values which can help me to connect the dots b/w Smart values and automation and to take it further for better Jira management.Let me knowThanks
Anish
I am glad to learn that worked for you.
And I have not found training like that for automation rules. My recommendations to learn more would be:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.