Hi - does anyone know if I edit a comment to make it Reply to Customer rather than Internal Note will it retrospectively alert the @recipients? Thanks
Hi @Lisa Robinson
If Public comment edited is enabled under Customer notifications in the Project settings then yes the the email notification will be sent to the Customers involved.
Thanks for answer. My specific issue is that I added some notes as an Internal Comment rather than a Reply to Customer. So the people I @Named wouldn't have seen the notes. I've since edited the comment to change it to Reply to Customer - will they be notified retrospectively ? Or should I copy and repost the whole comment as a Reply to Customer?
Cheers!
No problem, yes I got it. Maybe my answer was not clear enough But yes, if the configuration I mentioned earlier is enabled the users mentioned/involved in the ticket will be notified retrospectively if you edit the comment from Internal Note to Reply to Customer.
Just double-check if the users you want to notify is the Reporter or is in the Request participants field, anyway if you were able to mention him/her it's because of that.
Thanks again for getting back to me. Supplemental question - looks like they also have to be requested participants in the ticket for the link to work where they can view and respond to the comment ?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.