Hi,
I need to create asset in Jira through rest API with object attribute type "Project".
The have attached the image below,
what is payload i need to add to pass the project value to jira through rest API. Is it possible ??
Have you looked at the REST API for Assets?
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/assets/rest/api-group-object/#api-object-id-put
I have gone through but I am unable to map the object type-"Project" alone. Is there any format to send the project type field value to Jira to create an asset??
I think you have to provide more context. It sounds like you have a custom field in Jira that references a Project object in Assets? Are you looking at Automation to create the asset?
Using the REST method .../rest/assets/latest/object/ABC-123, you should be able to use the folowing payload, where 11205 is the id of the project.
You need of course change objecttypeId and objecttypeattributeId values to match your environment.
{"objectTypeId": 1557,"attributes": [ {"objectTypeAttributeId": 13227,"objectAttributeValues": [ {"value": "11205" } ] } ]}
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.