Our company-managed project only uses Target Start and Target End dates. Is it possible to use these fields instead of Start date and Due date. We can create a Project Timeline with bars representing duration but they don't update Target Start and Target End nor can these values be seen outside of the Project Timeline. I know this can be defined in Plans but I don't know if it can be defined in Projects.
Hi @Scott Boekweg and welcome to the community!
Unfortunately, this is not currently possible (especially frustrating for those of us that started on Advanced Roadmaps back when Target Start/End were the default date fields, but I digress). There's a similar Jira Work Management suggestion here, but I don't see anything for Jira Software
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JWMCLOUD-43
The best you can do in the short term is create an automation that duplicates the Target Start/Target End to the Start/Due Date fields. That would look something like this:
{{issue.Target Start}}
{{issue.Target End}}
Of course, this assumes you aren't using Start and/or Due date fields for something else.
Thanks for confirming @Mark Segall. That's what I was seeing through all the online documentation but was hoping I was still missing something. I like the idea of automating duplication. I'll have to check if these are being used differently.
Thank you for your quick response!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.