Hi all,
Greetings. I am relatively new to Jira and I am trying to do the following:
Goal - Show a custom screen when a user clicks on a Story Issue Type for View or Edit operations.
My understanding:
Issues (like a Story) can have a set of fields (system/custom). You can use Issue configuration within Project settings to change the default view of how these fields appear when a user creates a new issue of that type. You use Screens to customize the appearance of these fields for user operations on Issues (Create/Edit/View).
Screens Schemes map custom screens to operations (Create/Edit/View)
Issue type screen schemes map Screen Schemes to a specific issue type that you want to use these custom screens for corresponding operations.
Steps taken after reading through various docs:
1) Created a new screen from Jira admin - Settings - Screens (Screen1)
2) Created a new Screen scheme for Screen 1 - Test Scheme 1 - and used the 'Associate an Issue with a screen' to associate Edit and View Issue operations.
3) Created a new Issue Type Screen Scheme - Test Issue SS 1 - and used 'Associate an Issue with a screen scheme' to associate this screen scheme with Story type issue.
Docs seem to indicate that I need to go to project settings and pick this Issue type screen scheme to kind of connect all these together - but I am not able to find a place to do it under the team project settings.
I was initially testing with Free version - but as I did not see the required settings thought custom screens are not available within free version - so tried upgrading to both standards and Premium versions - but I think I am still missing something - as I neither see that setting under Project settings nor the screen mapping seem to work.
Can you please help?
Thanks.
Ramu.