Good day everyone.
We have decided to take a stance on security and only allow clients that we add to Jira to be allowed to logged calls via email and access the support portal.
We currently have 2 projects within our support department and so far, I have tested the feature with success. For any customer that we have not added (not part of our current contracts) , we want to at least give them some pointers on who to contact and not just leave them hanging.
The thought behind this was that if a customer is not added to the system by an admin , and if they try and log a call via our support email address, they will get a notification advising that the reason that their call has not been logged and some sort of direction ( either to our open support websites or similar and possibly some escalation points to get them added to the system , if they are part of our client base ) .
When I tested as a non-added user, I get an email error in the email log as per attached which is great as I know the system is working as it should. I thought that I could use automation to pick up this email error and somehow add a notification back to the sender however I don't see that this is possible. Any assistance or guidance here would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
