Hi.
I have already created an automation rule that will send a reminder to the assignee if a comment has not been added to the Jira issue since 7 days.
There are two scenarios a) and b)
a) Comment is present: When the last comment was added 7 days ago
b) Comment is not present: Jira Issue has no comments ever. And its been 7 days when the issue was moved to Sprint. What I have done here is when the issue moves to the Sprint, I set a custom field 10015 (Start Date) equal to that day when it was moved to Sprint in order to calculate the difference in days.
The above rule works fine and sends email in both scenarios successfully, but I am not getting the expected result in cases, when a Jira Issue has sub-tasks.
When the Jira issue has a sub-task, the developers comment on the individual sub-task and not the parent task. What I actually want is: Iterate through all Jira items in the opensprint(with or without sub-tasks), and send email reminder to assignee if none of the sub-tasks has been commented since last 7 days.
What is happening now: Based on my JQL, I iterate through all the items in the opensprint (only the parent issues) and if the parent issue has not been commented, then it sends email reminder. This works totally fine if I do not consider the sub-tasks logic.
If I expand my JQL (by checking sub-tasks as well), then each Jira issue (parent and sub-tasks) gets counted individually and do not give the expected result in case of Jira issue with sub-tasks. Suppose if I have 5 issues and each issue has 4 sub-tasks and condition of not commenting for 7 days gets satisfied, then there will be 20 email reminders instead of just 5 (which I actually want)
Note: I don't want to use Script Runner or any other add-ons in order to achieve the results because I am not sure whether in my Company that will be allowed or not.


