I realize there have been similar threads for this question, but none seem to have an answer for my particular situation.
I have a tree with more than 300 child pages that I have copied numerous times. However, on my two most recent copies (within the last 2 months), the page links revert to pointing to the old tree only after I edit the page.
So, simply put: The old tree is version 1.0. The new tree is version 2.0. After copying the tree from 1.0 to 2.0, the links work fine. When I edit a page in the 2.0 tree and publish, the links point to 1.0 again.
My workaround is to edit a page of the new tree, click the ellipsis, and revert the page to the last published version. This fixes the link issue when I go back in to edit the page. However, doing that for more than 300 pages is rather time-consuming.
I'm wondering why this happened in the first place, and how I can fix this going forward. Thanks in advance for your help.