I'm trying to generate a list of the projects that are marked as archived. I'm trying to write the JQL for it but I can't seem to get the syntax correct. Is there a way I can generate this list?
Hi @Lori Milam
thanks for your question.
Maybe you could give some more information. What are you trying to achieve?
JQL is used to filter issues, but you mentioned "generate a list of projects", so there might be a difference.
Hello @Lori Milam
JQL is intended to return issues, not projects.
Additionally when a project is Archived, the issues in the project will no longer be returned by JQL searches.
To see the list of archived project navigate to Settings (gear icon) > Projects > Archived.
If you want to get a list you could use the REST API
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-projects/#api-rest-api-3-project-get
Hi @Lori Milam ,
Please try a database query from backend,
select pe.property_key,p.* from propertyentry pe join project p on pe.entity_id=p.id where property_key = 'jira.archiving.projects';
I've been given the task of cleaning up our huge issue status list because of migrations. I'm trying to avoid going through each individual status just to find out if a project for that particular issue status has been archived. I'm just trying to find out if I can achieve this using JQL or something else instead of looking at each individual status in question and manually creating a spreadsheet for this information.
Thank you.
I would love to. But I've been told since we are in the cloud we have no access to the backend. If I could see how the data was stored, column names and such, I would have done this first. But thank you for answering.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.