Is there anyway to send a Slack message to the user who ran an automation rule manually?
Hi @Gary Spross ,
I haven't tested this out but in theory you can try add 2 actions in the automation you mentioned:
This is sort of overkill but since you want to send a message from one tool to another mapping the Profiles ID's seems to one way.
Another way that can be :
Thanks Jehan. I'm figuring the second option is more feasible as the majority of the users (if not all) will be able to run the rule, so there's a lot of users...
I'm trying to figure out how to make that api call from within the automation rule. You don't happen to have an example do you?
Ironically I haven't used Slack (ever) 😅
I'll give this a whirl on my instance once and let you know if it works.
Oh, :laughing:.
Appreciate any guidance if you are able to take a look.
Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.