I have (supposedly!) set up a daily trigger to receive an email reminder from Jira for specific actions. However I am not receiving the emails.
Please can you confirm the steps I need to follow to check why?
Thanks
Hi @Scott.Stevenson
welcome to the community and thanks for your question.
Could you please get a little into detail on how you set up the reminder?
If you meant setting up a filter including a subscription: This won't send an email (by default) if the filter returns no issues.
How did you set this up? Is this a subscription or maybe an automation rule?
Thanks Kai - I think I mean the latter!
We have a filter set up for daily actions and want this to also generate an email (to effectively remind to check at certain times of the day)
So when in Jira and selecting this filter I can see the task in hand but, if I forgot to check the filter, I would not perform the task. So I want to get an email also to remind me.
Is there something else I need to do to ensure the email is sent, in some cases this may be 3 times per day at certain specified times)?
I appreciate you looking at this.
Hi - I believe this is a subscription.
Thanks for helping Kevin, much appreciated
Scott
@Scott.Stevenson after saving your filter, you'd go to Details and choose new subscription. It would look like this.
Is it possible there are no issues found? If not and you don't have that bottom box checked. It won't send.
Also confirm that you properly saved your subscription. If you did, when you click on the details of your subscription you'll see it listed as an existing subscription that you can manage.
Thanks Kevin.
I think the subscription and the filter are set up correctly (and as you have shown in example)
What should be in the drop down for recipients?
your configuration looks right. I just saw, that you are using a free plan of Jira cloud.Are you aware of the limit of 100 notification mails per day?
Might this limit already be reached?
I don't believe we will be anywhere near 100 notifications per day, probably still in single digits.
Could this be anything to do with my email settings in Outlook, etc.? Assuming not, I just don't get any emails .I get the notification (bell) in Jira but nothing associated received to my email.
Frustrating!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.