Hello @Elif Alverson
What does the Audit Log reveal for this rule when it runs?
Are you making this conversion with issues in a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project?
@Trudy P Claspill , hello again. This is a company managed project and here is the audit log screen shot.
The log indicates that the rule was triggered for issue MTTP-548, and that MTTP-548 doesn't have any linked issues.
Can you show us a screen image of this issue illustrating that it has/had linked issues at the time the rule was executed?
Can you show us a screen image of an identically configured issue before this rule has been run?
@Trudy P Claspill ,
This custom issue type is created to use as a template (Issue templates for Jira App) with Hierarchy Level 1 and there are a few issues in epic - see below - even though the issue type is not epic before the automation. This is one of the templates below before the automation ran;
After I ran the issue in automation manually here is how it looks like below. It is an epic now with no child issues attached.
I hope I did not make you more confused.
@Elif Alverson It is probably because of Branch rule / related issues. According to the screenshot it is looking for Linked issues, what happens if you change it to
@Sayed Bares [ServiceRocket] , changed that part as you mentioned but nothing changed.
Hi @Elif Alverson
I have looked into this and the issue I haven't been able to resolve is that when automated change of the issue to Epic
To have the Epic Name populated.
I have tried to use the issue summary as the value of a variable and let the Epic Name be populated with value, so that on the sub-task this can be set as the Epic Link.
Until now no luck.
Maybe others can look into this as well.
Because when you change the issue type to Epic to have others issues that were linked as child, the Epic Name needs to be populated and the Epic link needs the name or key to the Epic to behave as the child.
Rule is was experimenting with:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.